Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crosby... yeeeesh


Yeah, Pittsburgh won, but I still cant stand Crosby. This is one of my favorite Crosby videos.
For those of my friends who mistake my dislike of young Cindy Crosby as my thinking he has no talent, no. I know Crosby can outright play. I just can't stand the constant whining to the refs. The icing on the cake had to be when he went to the refs early in the Caps series and asked them to make an announcement telling fans to stop throwing hats on the ice after Ovechkin's hat trick. Bite me.
He came into the league as the "face of the NHL" and comes off as someone who thinks he's entitled to play by a different set of rules. Play the game Cindy, maybe people won't despise you so much.

MORE ON PLACID

For more info on the strange doings of the Never B's earlier this month in Lake Placid, check out Goalie/defenseman Brion O'Connor's blog, This Old Jock.
He DOES come close to breaking the "what happens in Placid stays in Placid" rule. He goes right to the edge but then pulls himself back to safety.

John Tavares


Had a meeting with an Islanders rep this week about possibly playing a game or two at the Coliseum prior to an Islanders game. Looks like we are going to do it and it should be loads of fun.
I ended the meeting with a request that the agent give Garth Snow a message.
"Please" I said. "Tell Garth to draft Tavares or I will jump off a roof."
I'm just sayin'.








1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! Crosby is a huge talent who doesn't need to resort to diving or crying. He reminds me of those outrageously skilled South American and Euro soccer stars who act like they've been shot at the slightest contact (if any)! Then they writhe around on the pitch like their leg was amputated without any anesthesia. I think refs ought to ban fakers from returning to the field, or ice, until they've been medically cleared. The last thing we need is hockey getting transformed into some sort of pseudo-soccer sport! Be a hockey player dammit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete