Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do you believe in miracles?!!


Fresh back from a weekend in Lake Placid with my friends the Never B's. Played three games and the only miracle is that no one got locked up.
We didn't win, heck, we didn't even score. But, if you've never been there, the town is really nice and scenic, the people are friendly and the beer can be Canadian.
For a U.S. player, the "80 rink" is, or should be, special. Every time I come through the hallway to step on to the ice I get a chill. I have been playing in CHE tournaments and adult camps since 2004 and it never gets old. This is the spot. USA 4, USSR 3. Just sitting on the benches is cool.
But enough about my goosebumps. The tournament, although rough to take on the ice, was a blast. We have a great team that keeps its sense of humor about things. We get crushed in the morning. No problem, go to lunch and laugh. Lose at night, hey, the bars are open and there's free beer at the hotel and, for the women on the team, French-Canadiens in the bars on Main St.
Its a wacky time. For the most part, in a month or so I will not remember the games at all, but I will remember the laughs and am already looking forward to next year.
I have a playoff game tonight so I will post m,ore details on the Never B's later this week.
CAPS UP 2-0
I know it wont happen but I hope Cindy Crosby and the Penguins get swept.

ISLES DRAFT CONTEST

Islanders web page has a contest offering a trip to the draft in Montreal. Please enter and tell them to take Tavares. For me. I'm beggin' ya.


1 comment:

  1. I was a little worried about following a blog that has Brion as a member, but I need to know what "rude" things he is saying.
    John

    ReplyDelete